Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Squirrel: The rest of the story

As a follow up on yesterday's dog vs/ little grey squirrel chapter. I am pleased to offer evidence that LGS is alive and well. I question his judgement in his choice of living quarters. He has obviously decided to live in an oak tree, sharing a front yard with my dog.








Most folks have birds living in their trees.

So far, I am sharing my trees with a family of racoons, a bunch of big bats and a mentally challenged, but cute, little grey squirrel.

And for those of you who suggested otherwise, how could I just let the dog snack on this little cutie?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

first time on computer since last Thursday (today is Wednes). Pretty new blog, you must be bored in the evenings away from home.

Courtney said...

I like the descriptions of your tree residents. I still would have let him eat him.

Jenn said...

Oooh..I like the new blog look! Gorgeous sunset.

I like watching our squirrels...it's pretty amazing what those guys can use to jump from tiny little twig branch to tiny little twig branch as far up in the tree as they can get! We have one big ole fat one who has discovered the goats and comes down to snack out of their food bowls with them every morning. He's pretty funny!

Karen Deborah said...

they are cute but pests, Cort knows!

Kathy said...

Di, you've got it. I am alone and bored at night. I messed up the complicated TWO remotes so can't even watch that "cable TV" these modern folks enjoy. (I am staying in the house of the vacationers)

Easy for you to say Courtney! You didn't see his cute little terror stricken face up close and personal!

Thanks Jenn! Di knows me, I have no yard work or chores to do so I am playing on computer.

Yes Karen, the dog is smarter than this owner.

Anonymous said...

DARLENES DOG LIKES TO TRY TO CATCH THE PEST RUNNING AROUND HERE. THEY TEASE HER IN THE TREES ALL THE TIME. SHE DID ALMOST GET ONE BY THE TAIL WHEN SHE JUMPED UP THE TREE. CORT WILL GET ONE TO KEEP SOON.i'LL BET ON IT.