Monday, April 14, 2008

Rural Weekend

This one's for Dad. This was my view while Dad and I were talking on the phone, I was sitting on the back porch enjoying (bragging about) our awesome weekend weather. The picture shows the down-slope side of our property, which is not fenced yet. Jerry has planted grass seed in the yard area, further down is a nice green grassy pasture with lots of pine trees and oaks. The road curves down along the property beyond our view. As we were talking, yellow clouds of pollen were drifting down from the trees, like sifted flour. Everything is covered in a yellow dust. It's worse today. We have to hose down the vehicles to go anywhere and see out the windshield.
Are you looking at this picture thinking, "Well how nice, Jerry is actually taking a break, sitting back peacefully enjoying life?" Are you? Well, lets just angle this view a bit more and zoom in on our subject. Shall we???

And folks, this is for real....
He is on Gopher Patrol..... (the gopher lives)
What can I say... the man makes my life more than I ever dreamed of.

Does this qualify for a "you know you're a redneck".....?



I call this "Lawn Crew Siesta". We turn them loose, we get a trimmed lawn AND fertilizer.

Notice they stand head to tail, you can see the tail swishing action, automatic fly swatters.

Cort didn't think it was fair for the horses to enjoy dinner without him. He thought he was being sneaky, and this was the response to my , "Hey Cort, what are you doing?"


This was his answer to my question. Sharing horse food.

Maybe I should have titled this post Red Neck Weekend. I hope you enjoyed it.

I am using Jerry's new cable, plugged into the phone card in my laptop, it attaches to a small antenna on the roof of his office, and my Internet connection is very much improved. I guess I'll have to go get one of these for myself. Or I'll have to come out to his office every time I want to get online.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Your place looks so nice.

Glad Jerry's antenna works and you can now send pictures.

So you have animals in ceiling and gopher outside! Or has Jerry gotten the animal in ceiling?
Doesn't Cort go after the gopher?
Kind of hard to see horses cutting grass for you, picture to dark.

Maybe Cort was envited for dinner by horse?

Take care. XO "Hi Jerry"

Jenn said...

OMG, that photo of Jerry with the beer and the pistol is hysterical! I am reminded of the movie "CaddyShack" where one of the character's whole goal during the movie is to get the crafty little gopher who keeps evading him. Too funny!

The horses don't chew on your house? Calypso would love to munch on the logs, she's such a wood eater. How very cool that they can wander around, seek shade by the house, keep the grass trimmed.

Your stalls look fabulous! All nice and dry, big too!

Courtney said...

Seriously? The picture of Jerry is hysterical. I have to continue laughing now. Great pics!

Courtney said...

You've been tagged if you want to play along.

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL! HERE IN MICHIGAN THEY FROWN ON OPEN BEER AND LOADED GUNS IN THE HANDS OF THE SAME PERSON AT THE SAME TIME. I'M COMING OUT THERE. MORE FREEDOM.GREAT LAWN SERVICE. DAVID

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL! HERE IN MICHIGAN THEY FROWN ON OPEN BEER AND LOADED GUNS IN THE HANDS OF THE SAME PERSON AT THE SAME TIME. I'M COMING OUT THERE. MORE FREEDOM.GREAT LAWN SERVICE. DAVID

Anonymous said...

that 2nd picture does qualify as "red neck" ! di :)

Anonymous said...

Oh My Lord. I am green with envy. Not over the delightful cabin, expanse of space with no other homes or roads or cars or... people... not the horses or the dog...

What fun it would be to have a beer and a gun!!!

I kid. I am actually envious of ALL of it.