Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

A new year. 2012 sounds so science-fiction-type futuristic. I still want to say 19--'something'. We have working vehicles that were born in the 1990s, are they considered antiques? I am pleased when I get a senior discount. Fifteen years ago I thought how dreadful it would be to ask for senior discounts, worse yet if anyone asked if I qualified; now I am pleased. I am excited that my husband got hearing aids and can hear the birds and frogs (and me). A new year. Another trip around the sun. Some things changing; comfort in the things that remain the same. I hope to make the most of each new day, each passing week, the months that so swiftly slip by and each new year I may be blessed to travel.

May each of you be blessed on the trails you travel this new year.

6 comments:

di :) said...

maybe my travels can be out there in 2012 :)

Jenn said...

Senior discount...ahhhhh!!!! It won't be long before I'm getting one!

Happy New Year, may 2012 be wonderfully blessed with exciting travels, peaceful evenings and many, many sunrises!

Karen Deborah said...

ah that's nice, it's also funny. I get the joke about your husband hearing you. I think that is why my guy leaves both his hearing aides in his desk drawer.
I rescued a dog come by and see him.

Annie said...

I stumbled upon your blog reading Rach's blog and I have to say I love love love all your pictures!! You certainly live in a beautiful place. :)

DAVID said...

one of these years we will be on the same trail at the same time & place. HAPPY NEW YEAR KATHY!:)

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Kathy! :)