Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tanned

Blame Hawaii and poor Internet service for the Colorado blog interruption.
Jerry and I spent ten wonderful, warm, wet days on Kaua'i.
It is wet and sunny here in California and I am glad to be home.
Before running off to VOTE and then getting some groceries, I decided to check emails and that, of course, led to reading a few blogs which resulted in a need to post a picture of my own....




A couple hundred, post card quality photos of our Hawai'i vacation are loaded on my computer. You've seen the typical palm trees and ocean scenes and mountains. I'm sharing an original here folks. Ollie Shagnasty, a colorful and well known bee keeper on the island, and a distant 'some-how' related, cousin of Jerry, takes us way out on the Kuaui coffee plantation on a bee hive adventure.



I thought of titling this 'Chick Magnet'.
Roosters, chickens and chicks run wild everywhere.
Someone we know and love dearly, does not wear shorts, would not buy shorts for a Hawaiian vacation. The days are warm and humid, jeans are too hot, so this 'someone' hiked and played tourist out in public wearing boxers...... I was laughing out loud most of the day. (This subject did not give permission to post this picture, but does not read my blog, therefore, I have no fear of retaliation.)


Next, do you want more pictures of Hawaii, a continuation of our Colorado pack trip, or a rambling, random jumble of my life?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wouldn't the rambling random jumble of your life consist of Colorado and Hawaii?
Miss hearing from ya, loved the Hallowen card, Kev said "that's the joke she always tells us!"

Anonymous said...

all pictures and stories welcomed. Do enjoy them all.

Glad you had good time,dispite the rain. We have had beautiful weather sunny warm, in 70s, nites in hi 40s.

"Hi to All & xos"

Courtney said...

It doesn't matter what you blog about, just keep blogging. I like your stories and I do miss them.

Jenn said...

Welcome home! Those chicks sure are cute...I've heard the wild chickens are a real problem for local flora and fauna in Hawaii.

Glad you had a good trip...and I don't care what you blog about, Colorado, Hawaii, surgery, random stuff...I always enjoy reading it!

Anonymous said...

I'm greedy. GIVE THEM ALL TO US. I can wait. I have nothing but time.

Kathy said...

thanks all. slow day at work, excllent internet service, so here come pictures.....