Saturday, March 15, 2008

We've been busy, from dawn to dark for days. Jerry's son and his girlfriend, arrived from Idaho on Wednesday. They drove, hauling a trailer carrying Jerry's new toy. And something new for me too.
The time passed too quickly and they left just two hours ago. They'll spend the night in Tahoe and head for Idaho in the morning.
My new step-son likes to relax just like his Dad (see previous post). It is amazing what they accomplished here in just a few days. He is very sweet, hard working, and real cute too. His girlfriend is cute and sweet. We are sad to see them go, the visit was too short!
I got much done that I have been putting aside for months now. Finally got that married name change official with the government, changed my Driver's License, made some banking changes, even started on the long list of address changes.
While the guys were out doing their 'manly' jobs around here, I cleaned more and unpacked more. There's still lots to sort and put away. It is most challenging to blend the 'stuff' two separate people have collected in a half century of life. I have rediscovered some of my 'treasures' and have been introduced to some neat items the Cowboy regards as treasures.
It is late (9 pm!) I am tired, smell like smoke from tending burn piles, dirty from stacking wood, and I am chilly. Time for a hot bath and then bed.
Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had nice, cute, good looking visitors. Now tell us just what kind of gifts did Jerry's son bring the two of you. Can't just bring it up and then drop the whole thing. Could Jerry's gift be a bull dozzer or giant tractor?
Isn't it fun to unpack something and see a long lost treasure!
I have lived here 2 1/2 years and still haven't half the things unpacked. No hurry.
Have fun. "Hi Jerry"
Take care. XO

Linda said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Yes, "grands" are the best--I've always said if I could have only had them first....which my hubby did because he didn't have children of his own, and now he has these two beautiful grandbabies to love.....

You are a newlywed too!! If someone had told me ten years ago that I would find the love of my life, I would have laughed in their face! Boohaha!!!!!
At hmmm, I guess it was 7 years ago now that I met my Bruce. Seems like only yesterday. I had given up, well not really-I resigned myself to being alone, and I was really accepting that idea. Alone was going to be fine.
And then there he was...I have never known this kind of love, and keep telling myself that I don't know what I did to deserve this love...
It only gets better with age, doesn't it?

Linda