Monday, March 7, 2011

Deep Steeps, Wicked Lines.......

Still more Jackson Hole, Wyoming pictures to share.....


I am not an advanced skier and I wanted to go to the top of the mountain, without having to ski back down on very scary black diamond runs. So, we rode the tram to the top, had breakfast, looked around, were awed by the scenery, then rode the tram back down. I know, very wimpy....

Corbet's Cabin, at the top, provides a warm place to sit and enjoy a hot cocoa with wonderful breakfast waffles.





The tram leaves Teton Village, elevation 6311 feet and runs up the mountain to the summit of Rendezvous Mountain, elevation 10,450 feet.




Each trip up the mountain, the tram is packed with about 100 people and their gear. Skiers, snow boarders and a even few sight-seers planning to get back down the mountain via tram (us).








View from the summit. The day we were here, was the only blue sky day all week.






Steep and deep.






Does that look vertical? It is. Are those ski and board tracks? They are. Deep, steep, wicked...


This photo was taken from the tram.






Did we go down there? hahahahaha hardly........









Are they getting ready to fling themselves down there? yep.......








Does that look cold? It was. Did I walk out to the end of that crazy overhanging deck? No. I have an issue with heights.


We left the summit on the tram, returned to the village, put on our skis and spent the afternoon on the less steep part of the resort.
It was wonderful!







6 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Look at all that white! And so beautiful, those mountains. People actually ski down that vertical face? Holy cow. Even I'm not that crazy!

lov Ya, mom f said...

such beautiful pictures. ski on that NO way, but then I don't ski.
really enjoy these pictures, thanks for sharing.

Karen Deborah said...

I am a clutz I never learned to ski. I couldn't even grip the rope pull to go up the bunny slope! Talk about humiliation, as I slid backwards into kids. Nope the tram would be for me and I would love the ride and the views! I do admire those athletes that can accomplish suicide missions and live to brag about it.

di :) said...

beautiful blue skies :)

Anonymous said...

I need to ski out west again some day. thanks for the pictures of the tease.

DAVID said...

oops forot to sign above comment. DAVID